nAMD reporting in the combined Phase 3 OAKS and DERBY clinical trials1,2*
- Higher rates of nAMD were seen in the treated eyes of patients receiving SYFOVRE compared to patients in the control group1
- Reports of nAMD include all adverse events reported by the investigator falling within the preferred terms of exudative AMD or CNV, regardless of reading center confirmation2
- The majority of events were classified as occult/Type 1 CNV on FA taken at time of exudation2
- Almost all who developed nAMD continued treatment with SYFOVRE and were also treated with anti-VEGF therapy per protocol2
- Determination about administration of anti-VEGF therapy was at the discretion of the investigator2
- In case anti-VEGF is required, it should be given separately from SYFOVRE administration1
- Before IVT injections, patients should be monitored for elevated IOP using tonometry. If necessary, ocular hypotensive medication can be given to lower the IOP1
- Immediately following the IVT injection, patients should be monitored for elevations in IOP. Additional evaluation may include checking for perfusion of the optic nerve head and tonometry1
*Defined as patients with study-eye investigator-determined new-onset nAMD.
AMD=age-related macular degeneration; CNV=choroidal neovascularization; FA=fluorescein angiography; IOP=intraocular pressure; IVT=intravitreal; nAMD=neovascular age-related macular degeneration; VEGF=vascular endothelial growth factor.